Kakharu Phula BhajaJeeban-admin
Kakharu phula fritters is a rural Odisha delicacy but enjoyed around the Globe by the Odias. Dipped in rice and gram flour batter, the pan fried pumpkin flowers are an absolute delight.
- A bunch(approximately 10) Pumpkin flowers
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/2 Cup Besan(gram flour)
- 5 tbsp rice powder
- 1 tbsp Curry/paprika powder
- 1/2 tbsb salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsb turmeric powder
- Sunflower/Olive/Mustard(Cooking) oil
- 1/2 tbsb Kalonji Seeds(Black Onion)
- Wash the Kakharu Phula(Pumpkin flowers) and dry it with kitchen towel
- Mix the copped onions,Besan,rice powder,curry powder,turmeric,kalonji seeds and salt with water to make a thick batter.
- Stuff the flower with the above batter and coat the outer side of the flower with some batter
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and just pan fry gently the battered flowers.Make sure you flip then on both sides on low/medium flame.Serve hot with a bowl of steaming white Rice.
Durgesh Nandini Mishra