Odia Khasta Gajjaadmin
Gajas are deep fried sweets commonly enjoyed during weddings and special occasions.With just one bite of Gaja the fragrance of Fennel seed will make you crave for this divine sweet.
- Maida(All purpose flour) : 1n 1/2 cups
- Cooking oil: 1/4th cup
- Salt: a pinch
- Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
- Saunf(fennel seed): 1/2 tsp
- Oil: for deep frying
For sugar syrup:
- Sugar: 2cups
- Water: 1cup
- Green cardamom: 2 no crushed
- Put Maida, salt, baking soda in a wide bowl and mix it well.
- Add oil into dough and again mix it thoroughly. add little water when required.
- Make the dough little soft. Cover it and keep it for 15 mins.
Making of Gaja
- Slice the whole dough into two part. Keep one on the above and roll it.
- Repeat the step 4 times to have good layers and make it as rectangle shape
- Slice the rectangle dough shape into smaller cuboids.
- Heat the oil on pan and fry all cuboids (Gaja) on medium flames untill it turns golden browns.
- Mean while prepare sugar syrups in another wide pan. Measurement is 2 cups sugar and 1 cup water.
- Keep sugar syrup boils until it little looks thick/sticky. Add Cardamom powder into syrup and stir.
- Put fried Gaja directly from frying pan into sugar syrup and stir it for 2-3 mins to make Gaja dips into all sides and switch off the flame.